Activity Groups At Walnut HillsJoin of the many groups for social and learning activities
- “500” Card Club: A monthly social activity for those who enjoy playing “500.” Contact Sue Brady at email@example.com.
- Brunch Bunch: A social activity for women who enjoy having lunch together at noon on the third Sunday of the month. Currently suspended due to Covid-19.
- Charlie’s Group: Progressive discussion: A Progressive Theology discussion group, meeting every Thursday at 2 p.m. in the church library. Contact Paul Swenson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Needles of Love: We sew items for those in need. No sewing skills are required and all are welcome. Times and dates vary based on need. Contact Evelyn Varley at email@example.com or Phyllis Peterson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Walnut Hills Supper Club: An opportunity to socialize with other members while sharing a meal. These “round robin,” random groups help us become better acquainted. Dinner groups meet once a month. Currently suspended due to Covid-19.
- Women of Walnut Hills: We’re a group of women that plan activities and outreach for women in our church. Some of the out-reach that we organize include school supplies for UMCOR, Angel Tree at Christmas and help to coordinate the Family Advent Service. We also sponsor some fun activities so women can get to know each other. Some of those include Secret Pals in the spring and a fun activity in February. If you would like to be a part of the planning committee, have ideas for us, or wish to participate in some of our activities, please contact Sandy Lorenzen at email@example.com.
- Women’s Night Out: An opportunity to share fun, food and fellowship the 3rd Monday of each month at a locally owned restaurant. Currently suspended due to Covid-19.
- Step-Sisters walking group: Contact Sandy Lorenzen at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about walking with other women for some light exercise.
- Co-ed Volleyball: Join us on Sunday afternoons in the winter months at the church for casual, co-ed volleyball contact Marlyn and Connie McKeen at email@example.com or 515-556-9432.
- Hiking Group: Starting Autumn 2021, or when Covid-19 allows: Outdoor group has the intention of finding friendship, exercise, and spiritual renewal via outdoor activities. Light hiking is the main activity. Future activities may include a camping outing. Bird watching and outdoor photography always welcome.
- Celebration Singers: Vocal choir practice is directed by Maggie Ostrander.
- Ringmasters Bell Choirs: Bell choir practice is directed by Carl Johnson.
- Worship Band: Special music group that helps lead worship; reach out to Maggie Ostrander for more information.
As we continue to navigate Covid-19, please contact the office for more information via the contact form.